Friday, July 31, 2009

Marcie Adary's Story


"My passion for making jewelry began over 20 years ago while working as a bench jeweler in the Adiran Jewelry Factory on Kibbutz Cabri in Northern Israel. During my three years at Adiran, I became familiar with the entire jewelry making process from creating wax models, to casting, soldering, finishing and polishing. I loved working in Adiran.

While living on Kibbutz Cabri I met my husband, Nadav. After returning to the United States, we married and I spent the next several years raising our three boys. However, jewelry making was never far from my mind. Over the years I slowly purchased the necessary equipment to cast gold rings at home in our garage. While searching for small diamonds and semi-precious stones for my gold rings at trade shows, I couldn't help but notice the beautiful array of semi-precious stone beads and pearls. I taught myself wire wrapping and began to sell at trunk shows, holiday boutiques and art galleries. Marcie Adary Jewelry Designs was born!"

--Marcie Adary

1 comment: